Okay, I am not very good with TBRs or read-a-thons or read-a-longs as I am a moody reader and prefer to read what I want to read in a particular moment. But when I watched George’s video on YouTube announcing Queer Read-A-Thon, I just had to sign up! I mean, I read queer lit anyway, and it is Pride Month, so I am going to do it!
I put together a list of books and graphic novels that I would like to read in that week. It is, undoubtedly, a pretty big list, but like I mentioned before - I am a moody reader and I need to have options. I also need to tackle some of my eBooks, as I keep shopping on Kindle and not reading them (does anyone else have the same problem?).
- “The Seafarer’s Kiss” by Julia Ember (eBook) - picked this one as it was recommended by Cece from ProblemsofABookNerd
- “And It Came To Pass” by Laura Stone (eBook) - also picked based on Cece's recommendation
- “This Book Is Gay” by Juno Dawson (eBook) - it was recommended by George more than once
- Utena (manga) - I recently got the new reprint!
- Kaptara, vol. 1 (graphic novel) - it has been sitting in my Hoopla account for awhile
- “The Love Interest” by Cale Dietrich (young adult) - a new spring release that I can't wait to read!
The read-a-thon takes place during one week, June 25 - July 1. #LGBTQIARead is going to be the official hashtag on Twitter, if you would like to join in.
I can’t wait to start as I have been meaning to read some of those books for awhile!
Sign up here: http://daydreamersthoughts.co.uk/lgbtqiaread-is-back/
George’s video: https://youtu.be/xJBK3pQmo4A